noun[mass noun] chiefly Australian /NZ
Hiking or backpacking.
- Norma has been bushwalking for almost 15 years but she says the experience has made her rethink her safety - she'll now carry food and equipment even on the simplest of day walks.
- While summer is the perfect time to be outdoors - whether it's bushwalking at a national park or pottering around the garden - it's also the most likely time to run into a snake.
- Pioneers of bushwalking and advocates of national parks were the harbingers of an engagement with nature that at last offered respect for and restitution of the environment.
- Example sentences
- We are not experienced bushwalkers, but found the walks to be pleasant, interesting and not too long for little legs.
- Mr Coulter was found semi-conscious in his car a few hours later by bushwalkers.
- To be a good canyoneer here, you must be a great bushwalker.
Definition of bushwalking in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.