noun(the business end) • informal
- 1The functional part of a tool or device: he found himself facing the business end of six lethal-looking weaponsMore example sentences
- The darts I shoot are regular aluminum-shaft arrows, but they have a float attached to the business end and a small cutting head threaded onto the tip.
- Howard has asked Australia to give him the scariest gun he could imagine, and the business end is pointed at us.
- Robbins' character finds herself on the business end of a bizarre torture device at one point, but the actress never allows the potential cheese of the situation to creep into her performance.
- 1.1The essential or basic part of a process or operation: the rigs are the business end of the oil industryMore example sentences
- But from there, as the owner it's my job to take care of the administrative side of the business - to make sure that the business end is running properly.
- As happened to second sons, Walter was destined to handle the business end of the family enterprises and not encouraged to develop his intellect.
- I will have Taro handle the business end of the company from here.
More definitions of business endDefinition of business end in:
- The US English dictionary