- 1Having or indicating an efficient, practical, and systematic approach to one’s work or a task: his brisk, businesslike toneMore example sentences
- We believe we should get a more professional, businesslike approach as a result of that, and I believe there will be a closer look at roading and the rail-track.
- Last week, with scarcely a lifted eyebrow, that changed to the more businesslike approach that we are all grown-ups together and should behave as such.
- We have seen a change over the last probably 10 or so years to a certainly more businesslike approach to pastoral enterprises.
- 1.1(Of clothing, furniture, etc.) designed or appearing to be practical rather than decorative: a businesslike grey suitMore example sentences
- Although the navy blue suit no longer rules the business fashion world, businesslike clothing is making a comeback.
- He was tall, had shoulder-length black hair, and wore a very businesslike suit with a white shirt and a black and white stripped tie, which made him look like a stern president of a very large corporation.
- Madeline was dressed professionally and fashionably, in a businesslike skirt and blouse.