noun[mass noun] chiefly North American
- Work that keeps a person busy but has little value in itself.More example sentences
- The provision of aid became an excuse for doing nothing, a kind of busywork that governments undertook so they could avoid decisive political and military action.
- And who wants to do all that busywork copying those down?
- Again, I think a certain amount of work is good for you: it gives you the discipline to do all that busywork that being creative involves.
More definitions of busyworkDefinition of busywork in:
- The US English dictionary