Having an appearance or other qualities of a type traditionally seen as masculine: a butch woman in a baseball cap butch men and feisty women there might be some butch firefighters on their way over!
More example sentences
- The good news, what there is of it, is that the few remaining teeth that I do have are apparently good teeth, strong teeth, firm, manly, positively butch teeth.
- Number one: while I personally quite like butch women, it's not a taste that's shared by every woman in the world - or even most of them.
- In the restlessly nurturing mind's eye of my mother, there resides a vastly better lighted and less deliberately butch apartment that is organized to be shared with a member of the opposite sex.
A lesbian whose appearance and behaviour are seen as traditionally masculine. Compare with femme
- Also masculine females and feminine males - including butches and gay males considered to be ‘effeminate.’
- My friends are largely femmes who date only butches - so many of us have dated or at least slept with the same ones.
- Nearly all of those women who do like butches are lesbians.
- Example sentences
- Connelly decides to seek out emotional truth in her role, and leaves the hysterics and butchy resolve to lesser scream queens.
- Most of my female lovers have been pretty butchy.
- I'm not a butchy looking dyke.
1940s: perhaps an abbreviation of butcher.
Words that rhyme with butchputsch
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.