- 1A sturdy wooden kitchen table with a square top on which food may be chopped.More example sentences
- He perched himself on the corner of a coffee table that resembled a butcher's block, but for magazine cuttings, and started to roll one of his cigarettes.
- The seats are steeply raked and we look down at the operating table, a slab of wood like a butcher's block.
- He held the glass out to her and she took a grateful sip, putting the paper bag she'd carried back from the local shops on the small butcher's block that graced the middle of their kitchen.
- 1.1 (also butcher block) [mass noun] North American A material used to make kitchen worktops and tables, consisting of strips of wood glued together: a slab of butcher block [as modifier]: a butcher-block counterMore example sentences
- She has a tiny little butcher-block table now, and sits at her desk and does her letters and types on her computer while I sit at the kitchen island and write.
- My clothes, tangled in with Biddie's and Brigit's, are spread over the butcher-block table in the kitchen, the backs of the wooden chairs, flung over the arms of the chairs by the fire.
- We were sitting at the butcher-block table in the kitchen eating whole wheat linguine smothered in olive oil, fresh basil, and garlic.
More definitions of butcher's blockDefinition of butcher's block in:
- The US English dictionary