- North American • informal Stop interfering: politicians should butt out of these casesMore example sentences
- Both should butt out, stop blocking the view and start letting their top players get on with the game.
- Far more than wanting smokers to stub their fags out, I want the illiberal liberals now running health policy to butt out of people's personal habits.
- On the other hand, I recall a caller asking Dr. Laura what to do about the fact that she found out that her kid's teachers was gay, and Dr. Laura replied that it was none of her business, to butt out.
More definitions of butt outDefinition of butt out in:
- The US English dictionary