A wild orchid with a flower that somewhat resembles a butterfly in shape, found in both Eurasia and North America.
- Genus Platanthera, family Orchidaceae: many species, including two widely distributed European species with fragrant greenish-white flowers, P. chlorantha and the smaller P. bifolia
More example sentences
- Bauhinia forficata, or Brazilian orchid tree, also is known as white butterfly orchid tree or simply white orchid tree.
- Among them are butterfly orchid from Timor and Maluku, and mini orchid from North Sulawesi.
- The tour ended in a forest of trees with blooming white blossoms of phalaenopsis, or butterfly orchid.
Definition of butterfly orchid in:
- The US English dictionary