- A valve consisting of a rotating circular plate or a pair of hinged semicircular plates, attached to a transverse spindle and mounted inside a pipe in order to regulate or prevent flow.More example sentences
- The exhaust has a butterfly valve, which cuts in between 1,500 rpm and 3,000 rpm.
- So today I cleaned the Automatic Idle Control valve of my Saab, and the throttle butterfly valve.
- The carburetor-heat lever turns a butterfly valve in the air-induction systems that bypasses the normally filtered air, allowing warm air to directly enter the carburetor body.
More definitions of butterfly valveDefinition of butterfly valve in:
- The US English dictionary