- A popular winter squash of a pear-shaped variety with light yellowish-brown rind and orange flesh.More example sentences
- I also brought in actual vegetables: acorn squash, butternut squash, artichokes, red, green and yellow peppers, eggplant and several others with which even I wasn't familiar.
- Golden butternut squash, robust orange pumpkins, crunchy red and green apples - fall produce is downright gorgeous, not to mention delectable.
- Instead, look for the charming and nutty onion squash, the cute kabocha squash and the shapely butternut squash, or its fluorescent orange French equivalent.
More definitions of butternut squashDefinition of butternut squash in:
- The US English dictionary