1A brittle yellow-brown sweet made with butter and brown sugar.
- It tasted tangy and strangely sweet, like butterscotch, and caused my normally reserved mother to whisper quiet ululations as she picked at it with her spoon.
- On another visit, the chocolate pudding was accompanied by butterscotch pudding, topped with chocolate sauce.
- What about you, Abby, extra-large hot chocolate with butterscotch syrup?
1.1A sauce or syrup flavoured with butterscotch.
- Here it's mixed with dark chocolate and rich butterscotch.
- The resulting light, crunchy morsels are often enhanced by coating with toffee or butterscotch; or eaten with salt.
- TOFFEE, butterscotch and fudge are as versatile as chocolate - and equally delicious.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: butter|scotch
Definition of butterscotch in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.