Definition of butterscotch in English:
1A brittle yellow-brown sweet made with butter and brown sugar.
- It tasted tangy and strangely sweet, like butterscotch, and caused my normally reserved mother to whisper quiet ululations as she picked at it with her spoon.
- On another visit, the chocolate pudding was accompanied by butterscotch pudding, topped with chocolate sauce.
- What about you, Abby, extra-large hot chocolate with butterscotch syrup?
1.1A sauce or syrup flavoured with butterscotch.
- Here it's mixed with dark chocolate and rich butterscotch.
- The resulting light, crunchy morsels are often enhanced by coating with toffee or butterscotch; or eaten with salt.
- TOFFEE, butterscotch and fudge are as versatile as chocolate - and equally delicious.
Words that rhyme with butterscotchhopscotch
Definition of butterscotch in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia