nounNorth American • informal
- An interfering person.More example sentences
- Esther is also a self-absorbed buttinsky, the kind that manages to ruin just about every family gathering and certainly doesn't make an exception of this one.
- This guy has a son in your troop and he's just there because they either needed a troop leader or because he's a buttinsky and didn't think the existing troop leaders were doing a good job.
- I am trying so hard not to be a buttinsky, but do you think there's some way I can encourage them in a direction I know would be rewarding for them?
early 20th century: from butt in (see butt1) and -ski, formed in humorous imitation of the final element in many Russian names.
More definitions of buttinskyDefinition of buttinsky in:
- The US English dictionary