verb[no object] • humorous
- Work as a butler: there is no one today worth buttling forMore example sentences
- We got used to having our butler, Kathy, press our clothes and bring us poolside drinks, and wondered how we had ever lived without being buttled.
- When she conducts an ad hoc job interview on Powell, she asks him ‘Do you buttle?’
- I know all about butlers and the fine art of buttling.
mid 19th century: back-formation from butler.
More definitions of buttleDefinition of buttle in:
- The US English dictionary