noun[mass noun] chiefly Australian
- A grass or sedge with compact rounded flowering heads.
More example sentences
- ● a large tufted sedge (Gymnoschoenus spaerocephalus, family Cyperaceae). ● an annual grass (Dactyloctenium radulans, family Gramineae).
- I drove through the Tarkine area and it includes large tracts of button grass and sparsely forested land, areas that loggers aren't that interested in (which I think helps to explain Kate's statistic of 89% being safe from logging).
- But much of this land was of little use to loggers - huge dams, coastal reserves, button grass and scree.
- Day four was another early rise for the teams with a 22 km leg planned along the beach, through button grass planes, coastal headlands, and an ever-present bog.