- see buttonwood ( sense 1).More example sentences
- The house was shaded by a row of buttonball trees which extended far up the street, of which a few aged veterans remain.
- Sycamore, also called American planetree, buttonball tree, or buttonwood, is a common shade tree throughout much of the eastern United States.
- It happens to belong to the planetree family and sports one-inch thick, spherical fruits supported on long stems leading to the name of buttonball tree.
More definitions of buttonball treeDefinition of buttonball tree in:
- The US English dictionary