A low-growing North American shrub that grows in water, with small tubular flowers forming globular flower heads.
- Cephalanthus occidentalis, family Rubiaceae
More example sentences
- Native buttonbush and Southern wax myrtle put up with poor drainage.
- Common buttonbush is the most abundant shrub, though bastard false indigo and silverling are also present.
- Butterflies feasted on purple asters, and dragonflies zigzagged over the buttonbushes, which bore a crop of round, dry fruits.
More definitions of buttonbushDefinition of buttonbush in:
- The US English dictionary