- A salt or ester of butyric acid.More example sentences
- The mixed ester, cellulose acetate butyrate, has better weatherabilitly and finds use as pipe and telephone housings.
- Hexanal, hexenal, ethyl methyl butyrate, and methyl butyrate showed some significant differences between control and 47% shading treatments.
- Therefore, production in the stool of the ‘friendly’ short-chain fatty acids, acetate, propionate, and butyrate, is very important and can be assessed with commercially available laboratory testing.
More definitions of butyrateDefinition of butyrate in:
- The US English dictionary