Definition of buy-back in English:
1The buying back of goods by the original seller.
- Instead, they want to continue to chase new subscribers and growth, and if there is anything left for afters, to spend it on buy-backs rather than special payouts.
- I disagree with the analysts who are saying that producer buy-backs will slow down or even disappear.
- These are precisely the rules applied by the Act to buy-backs by public companies, and the creditors’ consent to such action on the part of the company is not required.
1.1A form of borrowing in which shares or bonds are sold with an agreement to repurchase them at a later date.
- Another option is to extract capital through an approved share buy-back, or complete liquidation of the company.
- A higher dividend and share buy-back will be among the options, as the Solihull-based company looks to keep shareholders sweet.
- The Stock Exchange of Thailand has approved listed companies for share buy-back, which started taking effect from last month onwards.
Definition of buy-back in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan