- The purchase of a controlling share in a company, especially by its own managers (also management buyout).More example sentences
- The aim is to increase the share of cash privatization, curtail the privileges of management-employee buyouts and sell-offs for compensatory vouchers.
- Talks concerning the take-over buyout were reported as early in the year as February.
- He defended management-employee buyouts, which became controversial after being used to drain privatised companies.
More definitions of buyoutDefinition of buyout in:
- The US English dictionary