(also buzz phrase)
- A word or phrase, often an item of jargon, that is fashionable at a particular time or in a particular context: the latest buzzword in international travel is ‘ecotourism’More example sentences
- Far more efficient searches involve specific paedophile buzzwords or phrases documenting particular forms of abuse.
- In all fairness, ‘exile’ has become a buzzword and is fashionable in academic circles.
- In their statements, they have become expert in using pompous phrases and key buzzwords to cover up ugly banalities.
More definitions of buzzwordDefinition of buzzword in:
- The US English dictionary