- Secondary or subsidiary action or involvement in a play or film.More example sentences
- As with the movie itself, the commentaries and extra features focus on a central point: that the movie works because the people involved took out action scenes to focus on the comic byplay between he characters.
- The byplay during and after the courtroom scene shows that she acts and speaks with half an eye toward sussing out the danger he poses to her marriage, and likewise the taunting ‘ring’ scenes have more purpose as well.
- Firstly, there is an interesting byplay in the film between sexual and existential desire.
More definitions of byplayDefinition of byplay in:
- The US English dictionary