Definition of cabinetmaker in English:
A skilled joiner who makes furniture or similar high-quality woodwork.
- Their grandfather and his brother, both skilled cabinetmakers and joiners, had been drafted in to save the Settle Folly when it was in danger of falling down.
- Less exalted were the humble whittlers, and in between were joiners and cabinetmakers, who were the only woodworkers paid for their efforts.
- In 1738 he employed two silverers, a beveler, a journeyman glass cutter, a sculptor, three cabinetmakers, a journeyman cabinetmaker, and a shop clerk.
- Example sentences
- Few examples of documented Napoleonic furniture retain such extensive original material or provide such detailed physical information for studying and understanding the arts of French Empire cabinetmaking and upholstering.
- The college's five-quarter cabinetmaking and fine wood-working program prepare students for employment in cabinetmaking, furniture construction for luxury yachts.
- He and his wife devoted many hours to the horticultural improvement of the local parish churchyard and shortly before retirement he took up cabinetmaking.
Words that rhyme with cabinetmakermoneymaker
Definition of cabinetmaker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan