Definition of cabriolet in English:
1A car with a roof that folds down.
- Taking only a minimum of effort to change guises, it can be transformed from a three-door hatchback to a small sedan with an open roof, a cabriolet, a sporty spider or even a pickup.
- However, turning the car into a cabriolet, spider or pick-up does takes some time and effort.
- As rain lashed across the street, he watched a neighbour struggling to close the roof of his cabriolet.
2A light two-wheeled carriage with a hood, drawn by one horse.
- Different kinds of carriages, coaches, cabriolets, caroches, and carryalls were parked in rows, some of them currently being worked on by a dozen or so employees.
- A true horse drawn cabriolet is not a terribly uncommon sight in areas with large horse populations, as the carriage handles well, looks elegant, and is suitable for a wide range of weather conditions.
- The reference to the horse-drawn cabriolet and the ‘blind lamps’ gives this poem a historical feel and adds to its restrained poetics.
Words that rhyme with cabrioletgunplay • Rabelais
Definition of cabriolet in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.