Definition of cadaver in English:
nounMedicine or literary
- The forms should specifically use the term dissect and specify the use of the cadavers for medical education and research purposes.
- Also examined is the use of donated ova from aborted fetuses and cadavers.
- Five of the eight matched pairs were from male cadavers and three were from female cadavers.
late Middle English: from Latin, from cadere 'to fall'.
- Example sentences
- Consequently, the safeguards protecting confidentiality and enhancing consent that allow for ethical use of cadavers and cadaveric tissues from hospital autopsies for education and research are not in place.
- The surgeon then aseptically packs the cadaveric kidneys in additional iced solution and packages them in sterile iced containers.
- Finally, perceptions of ethical acceptability were variable within items, indicating considerable disagreement among medical examiners on the research use of cadaveric tissues.