The activity of being lowered into the sea in a protective steel cage in order to view sharks or other dangerous sea creatures at close range: an environmental scientist has warned that cage diving is teaching the sharks to associate humans with food
More example sentences
- Does cage diving hurt the sharks?
- "Live shark tourism manipulates people's fears, and cage diving is intended to give nothing but titillation."
- The use of chum (bait) to attract sharks makes sightings likely enough to ensure the commercial viability of cage diving.
- More example sentences
- Our boat is equipped to easily handle 12 or more cage divers and 6 topside viewers in comfort.
- It has ample accommodation for the Scuba Diver as well as the Shark Cage Diver.
- Very few incidents have been reported where a cage diver has been at risk from a shark attack - this is not the issue.
Definition of cage diving in:
- The US English dictionary