A large endangered Atlantic petrel which breeds in Bermuda.
- Pterodroma cahow, family Procellariidae
More example sentences
- Bermuda's most famous bird, the Bermuda petrel, or cahow, is a rare but rewarding sight.
- He has taken invasives by the roots and continues the effort to save our indigenous cahows from extinction.
- This year the world's last 24 pairs of cahows have produced twelve healthy chicks.
early 17th century: imitative of its call.
Definition of cahow in:
- The US English dictionary