noun (plural calamancoes)[mass noun] • historical
- A glossy woollen cloth chequered on one side only.More example sentences
- But whether made of elegant calamanco or homely flannel, these early quilts are fascinating products of the needles and imaginations of the New England women - and the occasional man - who designed them.
- The surviving calamanco quilts are most commonly of dark blue, with brilliant pink being the next most popular color, although examples in yellow, white, and black calamanco are also known.
- I wish you would let Bass get me one pound of pepper, and two yards of black calamanco for shoes.
late 16th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of calamancoDefinition of calamanco in:
- The US English dictionary