An aromatic Eurasian herbaceous plant or shrub with blue or lilac flowers.
- Genus Calamintha, family Labiatae
More example sentences
- He rubbed a mixture of charcoal, calamint, water mint, and other dried herbs into his pelt to try to blot out the stench of the village, then toppled onto a pallet in one of the guest rooms to fall asleep within seconds.
- Planted with the setting sun behind it, calamint turns into a luminous star of the evening garden.
- The British Herbal Pharmacopoeia recommends calamint for nervous and digestive complaints, menstrual pains, colds, chills and cramps; it has specific application in cases of infantile flatulent colic.
Definition of calamint in:
- The US English dictionary