Involving calamity; catastrophic or disastrous: such calamitous events as fires, hurricanes, and floods
More example sentences
- If there is to be a winner, it could be the result of a calamitous error or disastrous lack of discipline.
- After a calamitous decline in the value two years ago, it's now more stable.
- The area has entered an anxious era of landslides since the calamitous landslides of 1978.
- Example sentences
- If Carey has done something so calamitously wrong that this severe a punishment is handed out then damn him.
- People have suddenly and calamitously, for the stores concerned, stopped shopping.
- The television network was forced, calamitously, to admit that the memos at the heart of the story were probably forged.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.