- (Chiefly of rocks) relatively rich in both calcium and alkali metals.More example sentences
- The bulk of the plutonic rocks are calcalkaline in composition and range in age from Mid-Jurassic to Early Cretaceous.
- Westward subduction of the Songpan-Ganzi oceanic lithosphere in the Late Triassic caused extensive calcalkaline volcanism and intrusion along the Yidun Terrane in the Late Triassic.
- In the Catalonian Coastal Range Ordovician volcanic acid rocks with calcalkaline affinity probably formed by partial melting of the crust in a post-collisional setting.
More definitions of calcalkalineDefinition of calcalkaline in:
- The US English dictionary