1A person in a theatre who summons actors when they are due on stage.
- The call boy, Ferguson, was standing across the stage from the President's box, talking to Miss Keene.
- Nimmo was then a call-boy at the Theatre Royal; and, going afterwards to London, he became head-manager at Mitchell's.
2A male prostitute who accepts appointments by telephone.
- These categories are street hustler, bar hustler or dancer, kept boy, and escort or call boy.
- Needless to say, my uncle is no call boy or gigolo, but a respected general practitioner.
- ‘There is a need to work closely with these drivers and the call boys as a means of enhancing male involvement in the fight against HIV / AIDS,’ Ms Kazembe says.
Definition of call boy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.