- An option to buy assets at an agreed price on or before a particular date.More example sentences
- A call option that gives you the right to acquire 100 shares of Microsoft at $50 for the next three months costs about $550.
- By buying a call option, the investor is again making a bet that the underlying stock will be trading at a price higher than current market prices, so they're locking in the ability to buy at a cheaper rate.
- The call option allows you to control the same 100 shares for substantially less than it cost to purchase the stock outright.
More definitions of call optionDefinition of call option in:
- The US English dictionary