- Having well-shaped buttocks.More example sentences
- The last thing I saw before I rolled the bike was the machine-gunner at Hyde Park Corner - a callipygian figure dominating the war memorial on the traffic island.
- As a gentleman and scholar, he must rush to the defense of the brilliant, principled, and callipygian Jill.
- The pictures appeared as the result of her discovery by a sharp-eyed prison surgeon in Brixton Jail, where the callipygian captain was temporarily detained a fortnight ago on a charge of bankruptcy.
late 18th century: from Greek kallipūgos (used to describe a famous statue of Venus), from kallos 'beauty' + pūgē 'buttocks', + -ian.
More definitions of callipygianDefinition of callipygian in:
- The US English dictionary