Definition of callisthenics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular or plural]
Gymnastic exercises to achieve bodily fitness and grace of movement: three women swung Indian clubs while performing callisthenics in unison
More example sentences
- Also, squad leaders established routines with weight training and calisthenics.
- The gym offers yoga therapy, aerobics and callisthenics separately for men and women.
- Warm up before the weight-lifting session with stretching exercises, calisthenics, and jogging.
- callisthenic adjective
- Example sentences
- As I have just noted, most nineteenth-century writers who espoused gymnastics for women approved of calisthenic exercises, several of which are recognizable today.
- While waiting for rescue and to assist in warming yourself, attempt to stretch and do small, controlled callisthenic movements, such as waving your arms or twisting your torso.
- Bouts of moderate intensity on the elliptical machine interspersed with short periods of high-intensity calisthenic exercises, like jumping jacks and push-ups.
Definition of callisthenics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.