- A primate of a family (Callitrichidae or Callithricidae) that comprises the marmosets and tamarins.More example sentences
- It belongs to the family of callitrichids, which also encompasses the larger marmosets and the tamarins.
- The callitrichids are distinct from the cebids in having claws on most digits other than the great toe
- When people first started looking at social systems and mating systems, they thought callitrichids were monogamous.
late 18th century: from modern Latin Callitrichidae (plural), from Greek kallitrikhos 'having beautiful hair'.
More definitions of callitrichidDefinition of callitrichid in:
- The US English dictionary