- The energy contained in a fuel or food, determined by measuring the heat produced by the complete combustion of a specified quantity of it. This is now usually expressed in joules per kilogram: double the calorific value of coalMore example sentences
- This has kick started an increased interest in calorific values in food and has started him calorie counting.
- It was in this role that he worked for many years to improve the instruments used to measure the calorific value of gas.
- The calorific value and the coking potential of the coal are decided by other tests.
More definitions of calorific valueDefinition of calorific value in:
- The US English dictionary