- The part of a machine in sliding or rolling contact with a rotating cam and given motion by it.More example sentences
- The Multi-Displacement System unit replaces a conventional roller cam follower with a hydraulically pressurized design consisting of an outer sleeve and piston unit to which a roller follower is attached.
- Very small roller cam followers are installed in the cylinder head to operate the valves instead of the conventional bucket-type tappets, and here friction is cut by about 70 per cent.
- The eccentrics operate a lever between the camshaft and each pair of intake cam followers.
More definitions of cam followerDefinition of cam follower in:
- The US English dictionary