- A giraffe.More example sentences
- The Greeks called the giraffe a camelopard, describing the animal as possessing a camel's body but wearing a leopard's coat.
- The moustache drawn on the camelopard is said to have been modeled after the moustache of Thomas Glover.
- The camelopard has short horns, covered with hair, truncated at the end, and tufted with hair.
late Middle English: via Latin from Greek kamēlopardalis, from kamēlos 'camel' + pardalis (see pard).
More definitions of camelopardDefinition of camelopard in:
- The US English dictionary