noun (plural campesinos /-əʊz/)
- (In Spain and Spanish-speaking countries) a peasant farmer.More example sentences
- Most are smallholder farmers who call themselves campesinos.
- Until recently, the great majority of corn consumed in Mexico was produced by Mexican farmers, or campesinos.
- In the post-war years, thousands of landless peasants - campesinos - demanding land reform, began to clear the forest and occupy this and similar virgin territory.
More definitions of campesinoDefinition of campesino in:
- The US English dictionary