noun (plural campuses)
- 1The grounds and buildings of a university or college: for the first year I had a room on campusMore example sentences
- It has excellent sporting facilities, college and university campuses and a wide diversity of people and businesses.
- Most university campuses can boast buildings that architects would put in the category of good design.
- Heavy episodic drinking on college and university campuses is a widespread phenomenon.
- 1.1North American The grounds of a school, hospital, or other institution.More example sentences
- The city has a fairly good green cover, with a number of rare and ancient trees on various institutional campuses.
- It was undoubtedly the largest high school campus I had ever seen.
late 18th century (originally US): from Latin campus 'field' (see camp1).
More definitions of campusDefinition of campus in:
- The US English dictionary