- He was an unsuccessful candidate in the general election and he came knocking at my door for my vote.
- I suppose that it was also a good year for many independent candidates in the general election.
- It is a chance for general election candidates to make a practical difference.
- It also claims this will also permit it to return copies of marked scripts to schools and candidates.
- The writer is a doctoral candidate in Teacher Development at the University of Toronto.
- Examiners and candidates have to manage these hybrid discourses within their conversation.
- Sildenafil was originally identified as a candidate for the treatment of angina.
- The young soft calf is a likely candidate for respiratory disease if mismanaged.
- Woods Snr, it has to be said, has never been a likely candidate for the diplomatic service.
Early 17th century: from Latin candidatus 'white-robed', also denoting a candidate for office (who traditionally wore a white toga), from candidus 'white'.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: can|di¦date
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.