noun (plural candleberries)
- Any of a number of trees or shrubs whose berries or seeds yield a wax or oil which can be used for making candles, in particular:
More example sentences
- ● a bayberry or related North American shrub. ● the candlenut.
- If either bayberries or candleberries were available, they would be boiled until the wax rose to the tip.
- Wax was also used, commonly the greenish-white yield from candleberries, while that of a beehive was certainly more expensive, only seen in the houses of the rich.
More definitions of candleberryDefinition of candleberry in:
- The US English dictionary