- Illuminating power expressed in candelas or candles: [as modifier]: a 16-candlepower lampMore example sentences
- Some areas at the Tate were inexplicably illuminated at the low candlepower reserved for the most fragile old-master drawings.
- Bury people reacted to black-out life and candlepower lighting this week as industrial action by electricity workers left the country in the dark.
- Aladdin Mantle Lamps use kerosene and emit 60 candlepower of light without smoke or odor.
More definitions of candlepowerDefinition of candlepower in:
- The US English dictionary