- A large rat-like African rodent found in wetlands south of the Sahara. It is often a pest of sugar plantations.
More example sentences
- Family Thryonomyidae and genus Thryonomys: two species
- The giant rat, the cane rat, the common house mouse, and other species of rats and mice are all eaten.
- Wild-caught cane rat is commonly eaten, so captive breeding will not alter the traditional lifestyle, only make it easier.
- Fear soon gave way to thrill, though, as we watched him run off with a huge cane rat in his mouth.
More definitions of cane ratDefinition of cane rat in:
- The US English dictionary