(also canna lily)
- A lily-like tropical American plant with bright flowers and ornamental strap-like leaves.
More example sentences
- Genus Canna, family Cannaceae: several species
- For especially dramatic container plants, try the summer flower bulbs, for starters: tuberose, oxalis, agapanthus, cannas, begonias, dahlias, caladiums, lilies, or elephant ears.
- Semi-tropical natives such as dahlias, gladioli, begonias, canna, caladium, elephant ears, oxalis and other tender summer-flowering bulbs will not make it through the winter outside of the warmest climate zones.
- After frost kills their foliage, dig up callas, cannas, dahlias, gladiolus, tuberous begonias, and other tender bulbs, Dry off the bulbs and pack them in vermiculite or sterile potting soil.
from modern Latin, from Latin canna 'cane, reed' (see cane).
More definitions of cannaDefinition of canna in:
- The US English dictionary