noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- Any of a group of closely related compounds which include cannabinol and the active constituents of cannabis.More example sentences
- The term cannabinoid refers to chemicals found exclusively in these cannabis plants.
- THC, the main cannabinoid that causes a high, interacts with non-psychoactive cannabinoids, mainly cannabidiol and cannabinol.
- The original plants had either CBD or THC as the predominant cannabinoid.
More definitions of cannabinoidDefinition of cannabinoid in:
- The US English dictionary