- 1(Of food or drink) preserved or supplied in a sealed can: canned beansMore example sentences
- Walk through your local supermarket, and you'll find it in breakfast cereals, canned drinks, processed foods of every sort.
- The growing use of instant pudding, instant drinks, snack foods, and canned soups reflects growing time constraints.
- All contributions are gratefully accepted - used clothes, toys, canned food, medical supplies, school equipment.
- 2 • informal , often • derogatory (Of music, laughter, or applause) pre-recorded: some hotels programme their canned music in twenty-four-hour cycles canned laughterMore example sentences
- Upon her arrival home she was greeted by the sound of canned laughter floating out of the den.
- To be honest, I preferred the live music, even though it made conversation near-impossible, to the canned music which I found too loud and too intrusive.
- However, it is important that people should be aware that the proposed bill only applies to live entertainment and not to canned music, which could easily be used more often.
- 3 • informal Drunk.More example sentences
- He came out half canned one night and was addressing the ship's company.
- I got absolutely canned at this bar and ended up spending $600 on two bottles of Don P. Apart from that it was a good time.
More definitions of cannedDefinition of canned in:
- The US English dictionary