- A dessert consisting of small deep-fried pastry tubes with a creamy filling, typically of sweetened ricotta cheese.More example sentences
- The Sicilians are also known for their desserts, including their gelato Siciliano (Sicilian ice cream) and cannoli, a fried pastry stuffed with ricotta cheese and candied fruit.
- We were on our way to Film Forum for a festival of Westerns, but first we stopped into Rocco's pastry shop for some cannoli.
- And friends of mine swear by the dense, super-sweet cannoli at Nicolosi Pastry Shop in Encino.
Italian, from canna 'reed'.
More definitions of cannoliDefinition of cannoli in:
- The US English dictionary