1A round metal or stone projectile fired from a cannon.
- Mortars, as seen in the top right and bottom left hand pictures, were used to fire cannonballs over walls into a courtyard to kill soldiers and cause general damage.
- Dozens of rounds of ammo, bombs and even cannonballs are fired at the trio, yet don't produce one scratch.
- Also uncovered were musket balls, cannonballs, a grenade and tools.
2 (also cannonball dive) North American A jump into water feet first with the knees clasped to the chest.
- She ran down the hill, off the deck, and did a cannonball into the water.
- Yukirin quickly leaped into the water, doing a cannonball and splashing Fiona.
- Suddenly, Tyler did a cannonball into the water.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: cannon|ball
Definition of cannonball in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.