- A hard, strong cheese made chiefly in the Auvergne.More example sentences
- In a wood-fired oven by the entrance a well-practised chef turns out gallettes auvergnates, delicate pizza-like tarts whose base is akin to water biscuit, whose top comprises ham, saucisson, cantal, mushrooms and egg.
- I liked the Manchego very much, and it reminded me a little of the French cantal: same off-white color, a little peppery and piquant, with a soft texture that has a tendency to flake.
- Arrange the bacon and cantal pieces evenly in the dish, and pour in the egg mixture slowly so as not to disturb them too much: you want them to stay evenly distributed.
named after Cantal, a department of Auvergne, France.
More definitions of cantalDefinition of cantal in:
- The US English dictionary